Friday, March 2, 2012

National Astronomy Week 2012 Sky Lantern Event

Moon on Leap Year 2012
I took this shot this from the telescope ^_^


Ohhhh Moon how many times I've seen you... you are just there always looking at me...I hope one day I'll be able to touch you...

UNTIL this day! I did it by the power of laser BEAM! =(^o^)=
IMG_5887

The National Astronomy Week is celebrated annually every third week of February. The theme of this year celebration is "Viewing the Sky... Enhancing our Knowledge!". Next year we will surely go to this events again. I missed a lot! viewing of Jupiter and Venus :( Ohh well there's always next year! Or who knows there might be a special astronomy event "alignment of planets" or other phenomenon.

My mountaineering friends and I went to Sky Lantern event of UP Astronomical Society last February 29 at Sunken Garden, UP Diliman. We went there for the reason that it's a leap year and hmmmm sending a wish in a Leap year will be "something". If I want to do it I'll have to wait for another 4 years!

Send your wishes to the sky this love month,
End the February by gazing at the night sky.

Here are some of the photos we have taken during the event.



Thanks Elmer for this photo ^_^

the moon and the lantern
The Moon the lantern and the Telescope


IMG_5908
People and their wishes

lying in the sunken garden looking at the sky
Lying in the sunken garden looking at the sky.
Somehow just looking at the sky makes me feel calm and happy =(^o^)=

.
.



"As the year leaps, I sent my wish to the heavens that someday "you" will arrive in my life..."

In the end my WISH did came true "somehow" :D Ahhh the magic of the lantern and leap year DO WORKS!

A night spent with mountaineer friends and "UP Astrosoc". Thanks for this event ^_^. Met new mountaineer friends and some Astonomy guys/gals Ohhh I feel like in college again haha! This is the first time I have seen the moon this clear. My telescope can't do this haha or I don't know how to use it? haha! :p

Combo meal Cantunan is a great experiencefor 50 pesos. I got fishball, kwekwek, canton , + C2 there's a mix up I wasn't been able to taste the cheese stick. Ohh well! next time :D No worries it's clean. I HOPE SO :p hehe!


Cantunan sa UPYeah good stuff!

Ahhh another day OF FUN ^_^ and this time there's an educational value hehe! Constellations! ^_^


UP Astronomical Society in partnership with Philippine Society of Youth Science Clubs presents:


To the stars through difficulties!

UP Website/Blog:
UP Astronomical Society
http://upastronomicalsociety.blogspot.com
http://siderealtimes.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/upastrosoc
http://upastrosoc.multiply.com
http://upastrosociety.googlepages.com


QUICK LINK: March 7, 2012
21 Creatively Captured Moon Reflections in Water
(c)3am insomnia

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Checker
If you would like to use any images or content from this website kindly contact me on this site to ask for permission.
Surfing Baler Philippines Baler, Aurora